Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Easy Chili

     We all have those days before the next trip to the grocery store where you open up your pantry and think, "ughh I have nothing to make for dinner!" Yep, that was this girl last night so I decided to search and found several ingredients for a perfect homemade chili. I had actually gotten the ingredients to make a specific chili recipe this week but realized I had gotten the wrong things so tonight I will be making my own chili recipe! I must admit, as much as I love cooking, I am a very by the book follow the recipe to a tee kinda girl. This impromptu make your own meal idea made me a little nervous I must admit, especially since I didn't have tomato paste or the regular stuff that goes in chili ( I had to get creative).When all was said and done it was a great quick week night meal and I even got the thumbs up from the husband. 

Easy Chili

Ingredients:
     *1Lb of Ground beef
     *1 yellow onion
     *14.5oz Diced tomatoes with green chilies 
     *15.5oz Chili Beans
     *1/3 cup Spaghetti sauce 
     *1/2tsp Minced garlic
     *1tbsp Brown sugar
     *2tbsp Ketchup
     *1/2tsp Ground cumin 
     * Salt and pepper to taste (It really made all the difference) 

     Brown the ground beef and onion together in pan until all the way cooked. 


Drain fat. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer till heated all the way through.
 That's it! Really simple quick and easy dinner. Will defiantly be making again. Garnish with cheeses, sour cream, Frito's, anything you like the possibilities are endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment